Tonight I felt thankful and blessed. Last night was long and full of worry but this morning my husband kissed me goodbye before going to work. I cuddled and held my three beautiful children. My mom fried bacon and my dad kept going after a sleepless night watching over us. Our house is intact, we have power, and our trees are still standing.
Many in my little town had a different kind of day. Houses have been destroyed, trees uprooted, power lines downed. Although these things can be fixed, replanted, and replaced it's still difficult for the ones affected. More importantly, one little girl is going to bed tonight without her parents.
I don't always understand why these things happen but I know that through prayer, study, and faith all of the sad things in this life can be overcome.
I pray tonight a prayer of thanks for my family and my material blessings. I pray for those who lost possessions and that they can be restored. I pray for the ones who were hurt and that their bodies will be healed. And I pray for that baby girl to have a wonderful life knowing her parents loved her and sacrificed for her and that she will look to God for peace and understanding.
Please remember our town in your own prayers tonight and in the nights to come.
Cranberry Holiday Simmer Pot
12 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment