I am officially entering the blog world. Not something I ever thought I would do but I'm am going to give it a whirl!
Yesterday was a wild Valentine's Day. The past couple of years some of the stay at home moms from church have had a Valentine party for our kids. This year it seems our group has grown considerably. There were 19 kids, ages 2 weeks to 5 years, invited. Obviously, the 2 week old was not there but with the exception of her and one other baby, the rest of the brood was there. We had lunch, which the kids were not interested in, and they played outside. Thank goodness for the beautiful day or they would have been in the play room! Not that I mind. That's what it's for and I love having a separate room for the mess. All of the kids brought Valentine boxes that they had decorated themselves...some with help...and we invited 5 special guests to judge the boxes. The moms passed out the Valentines so as not to create total chaos by letting the kids do it. J had a blast playing with all of his friends and sharing his toys. He loves having company and looks forward to all of our parties and outings with his friends. However, my little K doesn't seem that interested in any break in her routine. At least not one that involves someone besides me holding her. She cried for most of the party and all of our special guests tried their hand at calming her down but what she really wanted was for me to snuggle her up and rock her. She is two months old and already rotten! I love it.
So today was a day of rest. J helped get his play room back to normal (I had hidden most of his toys so the mess would not be quite so overwhelming.) and K slept for most of the day. J and I even had time to do a little craft. If you've ever made a marshmallow snowman with a three year old, don't let the three year old get his hands on the bag of marshmallows. He ate more than he used for the snowman. Every time I would put a pile on the table for him to glue down he would sneak half of the them into his bowl so he could eat them. I honestly don't know how he kept from throwing up later.
Maybe I will stick with this new blogging hobby. It will be interesting to see who will read my ramblings about days with my children. Just don't dwell on the spelling, grammar, and typing mistakes! I know there will be many!
"Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint."
Cranberry Holiday Simmer Pot
12 hours ago

Great! I will love reading about my grandchildren.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your fun; brings back fun memories of being a stay at home mom with my 3.
ReplyDeleteI like the pictures. My niece and nephew are obviously the most beautiful kids in the world. Can't believe you have a globhaha. I love you
ReplyDelete