Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pool Party with Friends

J had such a fun party with his friends Saturday morning.  The weather was a little chilly because the wind was blowing but the water was perfect.  All of the kids had a great time!

The Invitation...I gave each child an inner tube with their name on it and tied the invitation to it. 
 
We set the food up on the porch of the pool house.  My decorations were wind blown and didn't work out quite like I planned but the food was cute!


Jello Aquariums...berry blue jello with a Swedish fish in the middle. 

Blue and green swirled sugar cookies

In the candy jars, I had the sugar cookies, life savers, "beach balls" a.k.a. gum balls, and "dive sticks" a.k.a. cut up Twizzlers.


Fish Floats...turkey and cheese sandwiches

Splash bombs...cheese balls (The wind kept blowing my cups away so they ended up in this bowl.)

I found these cute fish plates at Wal-Mart for $1 each.  Everyone got to take one home.

I found buckets and pool toys on the Target dollar aisle for favors.  I also included fish tattoos, colored bubbles and a paper sack to fill with candy.
 

I found the idea for fish cupcakes when I was cleaning out closets last week.  The scales and faces are M & Ms.  They turned out so cute!

J blowing out FIVE candles!


J and his guests...They were all so sweet! 

1 comment:

  1. This turned out so cute!! Your decorations and food looks really fun!

    ReplyDelete