Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Preschool Activities: Thanksgiving

We have spent the last couple of weeks talking about Thanksgiving.  Here are a few of the activities and crafts we did. 
 
Our Thankful Tree...The kids drew pictures of who and what they are thankful for and added them to our tree. 


 
J decorated a turkey with feathers and markers.

 
We watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and had a special snack.

 
Letter Match...I wrote capital and lower case letters on popcorn and corn kernels.  J matched them.
 
K loves to draw while J and I are doing our math and language practice.
 
Handprint Mayflower...Idea found HERE.
 
Paper Plate Pilgrims...Idea found HERE and HERE.

 
Handprint Indians...Idea found HERE.
 
Roll a Turkey Game...This was J's favorite thing we did!  He wanted to play every day.  You can get the printable HERE.

 
This is from my teaching days.
 
Pumpkin Play Dough...They love playing with play dough so, of course, making play dough pumpkin pie was fun!  They made cupcakes, cookies, and a big mess!  I love the way it smells.  You can find the recipe HERE.

 
We painted corn with q-tips.  They ended up finger painting and blended the colors together but it was fun!



 
 
I found several printables for us to use.  One of them was free and I bought two packets from teachers pay teachers.  You can find the free printable game HERE (I don't think I have a picture of it.) and the links for the Thanksgiving packets can be found HERE on The First Grade Parade.













We will probably do some review activities next week while we get ready for our twenty five days of Christmas.  I have a lot of things planned for December, some new and some we have done before.  We will continue to work on letters, sounds, numbers, and sight words as well.  Have a happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment