Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Busy, Busy

Why is it that the week before a time change is so busy?  Last week was our gospel meeting at church so we were in worship Sunday through Wednesday.  It was a great meeting with super sermons by a wonderful preacher.  Mike Ray from Alabama was our preacher and he did an amazing job.  B didn't get to go on Sunday because J was sick and I stayed home with the kids Monday night.  It is so hard to get ready and go two extra nights but B and I were talking and remember when gospel meetings used to last a week.  With sermons like we heard last week, I don't think it would be a bad idea to go every night.  It's just really hard on all the kids to be out so late every night. 

Friday, the kids and I met B for lunch at a little diner near his work.  J loved eating lunch with his daddy and meeting some of the soldiers and other guys B works with.  He is so funny!  He loves to "bisit."  After lunch, B went back to work and we went to Mimi and Poppy's house to take naps.  Poppy, B's dad, came home a little early and took J out to ride the golf cart, visit the neighbors, and play in the backyard.  When Mimi and B got off work, we ate at TaMolly's then went back to their house to visit a little longer.  J had a wonderful time playing with them and showing off his baby sister. 
J with Mimi 
J with Poppy
Saturday morning we got to help work Dad's cows.  Working cows is one of my favorite childhood memories.  Every spring the men round up the herd and we vaccinate and tag the calves and worm the cows.  I'm sure that the men and boys are not as fond of this task as I am because they have to wrestle the bulls and castrate them.  My job was passing them the tags and filling the syringes.  In the last few years, when I didn't have a baby to tend to, I have helped use those syringes!  Since childhood, the herd has gotten smaller along with the amount of help.  It used to be a huge family affair.  That's probably why I remember it so fondly. 
K watched then took a nap
J played with the extra ropes.  He tried to "hula hoop" (lasso) everything.
My brothers with a calf ready to work.
My lovely husband ended up covered in poop.  YUCK!
Poppa...the most amazing man!  I would include a picture of my dad who is also the most amazing man but he would disapprove

Sunday was church and Sunday afternoon was Caleb and Brooke's wedding shower.  I can't believe he is getting married.  It seems like yesterday Brittany and I were painting his toenails and watching him fight like a ninja turtle.  He is all grown up now and is very handsome I might add.  No one would ever guess he had been dressed up, made up, and treated like a doll by his big sisters the first few years of his life.  Brooke is very lucky!  I think he is lucky too.  She is so sweet and I am so excited she is going to be part of the family. 

Well, I am exhausted and I have just rambled on and on and on!!  Have a great week!

"A woman would run through fire and water for such a kind heart."  
   -William Shakespeare

1 comment: