Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!!!

We started the celebration last night by reading The Cat in the Hat at bedtime.  Today we read The Cat in the Hat Comes Back.  We made a little cat in the hat out of paper.  J drew eyes, a nose, and a happy smile on him then colored the stripes on the hat.  It is very cute!  I love pulling out patterns and activities from my first grade teaching days.  J enjoys it too.  

This afternoon we read Green Eggs and Ham.  For dinner tonight we cooked green scrambled eggs with sausage (I didn't have any ham.)  We also made green pancakes to keep with the spirit of the meal! 

J added the food coloring!  They were bright green.
"I do like green eggs and ham.  I do.  I like them Sam-I-Am."
Yum!

This is my plate.
  "I do not like green eggs and ham. 
I do not like them Sam-I-Am."
I don't like eggs or sausage when it's not green so I just enjoyed the green pancakes.  Notice some of them have chocolate chips.  That is usually the only kind of pancakes we eat! 

Here are a few of my favorite books written by Dr. Seuss in no particular order.














"Look at me!  Look at me!  Look at me now!  It is fun to have fun but you have to know how!"  --The Cat in the Hat, Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment