1. Duck Mobile...This mobile was mine when I was a baby. My mom kept so many things that she had for my brothers and me. The mobile still works and we use it on a regular basis. J loved laying in his crib watching the ducks go around and around. Now K loves doing the same thing. It is in great shape. I recovered the motor box before I had J but other than that it is exactly as it was nearly 30 years ago. I am so glad my mom kept it so I can share it with my children. I hope my brothers will want to do the same.
2. "Mom" made carseat cover...My mom has discovered surfing the net. Having another baby has inspired her to make a ton of new things. She found this great carseat cover on the web and used some of her leftover blanket fabric to make one for K's carseat. It is too cute! Now I don't have to carry an extra huge blanket to cover her up when it's raining or cold or she is sleeping. It has a fancy pocket and two windows that roll up and tie if I need to find a pacifier or K wants to look out. I get comments on it everywhere I take it. Thank you Mom!
Here is the fancy pocket...
And here is the front with the window tied open...
And here is the back with the window closed. Notice the handle has an opening at the top.
3. Kirsten, my American girl doll...I can't remember how old I was when I finally got her but I was old enough that she hasn't had a hair cut, been drawn on, been dragged around until her clothes and body are threadbare, etc. I won't be letting J or K play with her until they are much older! Brittany and I went to the American Girl Store in Chicago and both of us were amazed. The company has come a long way in 20 years. Our dolls are now retired. She has Samantha. Ashley has Molly. You can still buy Molly. We got them because they looked most like us. Now you can custom order a doll that looks just like you. They have hospitals, beauty salons, restaurants, and so much more for these dolls and their girls. One day, K. One day!
4. Smocked dresses...I love that my mom is so talented and learned to smock when I was a baby. She started making dresses for me when I was one year old and continued until I was probably 12 or 13. I still have a lot of them and I plan on putting them on K. I'm so glad my mom saved them so that I can pass them on to my daughter. Thank you Mom!
5. Scrapbooking...This has been the best hobby for me. I have always kept things that are important to me and kept scrapbooks when I was younger but it has become an art! I love that I had a group of friends in Vilonia who invited me to scrapbook with them. I learned so much, spent way too much money on scrapbooking supplies, and spent one night a month with a wonderful group of friends doing something we love. I miss scrapping with a group of friends but I still enjoy spending time in my "paper room", as J calls it, putting my children's memories into a book.
Have a great weekend! Enjoy the things you love.
"Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes



So glad to be sewing again!
ReplyDelete