A Winter Wonderland...I found snow and snow blankets 90% off at Target! I filled some of my glassware with the snow and used the snowblanket on my mantel and the food table. J helped me cut out snowflakes with the Cricket and we strung them on fishing line to make a little banner. I used blue plastic tablecloths from Wal-Mart on the tables and covered my big flower picture (one of them!) with white paper to add to the winter theme.
We had chocolate crinkle cookes, snowman banana pops (which didn't turn out like I had planned!), chocolate chip cookies, and milk with flavored straws. I saw the chocolate chip cookie lids here and found the straws at Target. I also had peach tea and hot chocolate with chocolate dipped marshmallow stirrers for the mommies!
Painting the Paper White...One table was set up for painting. The kids used white paint and blue paper to make a winter painting. Their painting supplies were q-tips, toilet paper rolls, rubber balls, sponges, and big wheel trucks. J told me he painted "a snowy ice land." They all seemed to like painting and made some great looking pictures!
A Little Icing Please!...The big hit of the party was the cookie decorating. Sprinkles, marshmallows, sugars, and chocolate chips were used with white and blue icing. I put the icing in decorator bottles for easy squeezing! They each had a snowman and a mitten cookie. They made some pretty fancy sugar cookies! Major sugar overload was their biggest goal although most of them didn't eat the cookies. They just had a great time making them pretty!
And remember that bare snowman I told you about in the last post? Here he is all dressed up for a cold, winter's day. The big kids found all of his missing parts and put him back together. And, yes, I know he doesn't have arms or a broom but they didn't care!
There was a lot of playing, running, laughing, and silliness going on today! I think the winter party was a success! Maybe next time we will remember to take a group picture. Oops!
The sugar cubes and the spice jar snowmen were the favorite winter games in the playroom. There was no mitten matching or reading going on in that room today! J and I will have to do that later.



















No comments:
Post a Comment