We fit a lot in this week and I didn't take many pictures.
We talked all about J. He made a book about himself. The cover page had a place to draw a self portrait. I love his five fingers and five toes on each arm and leg! He also has a neck. The circle in the middle is his heart.
We traced his hand and foot to show how big he is. We also recorded his weight and height.
He drew a picture of his family. He drew everyone then added costumes on all of us. I helped him label each member of his family. We also made a family tree including parents, grandparents, and great grandparents. We talked about how our families also include aunts, uncles, and cousins.
We read several books about homes and houses. He drew a picture of his house. He made it a rainbow house but he did include a couple of windows! We also had a page to make a favorite things collage but didn't make it to that. Maybe next week!
K drew a couple of things too. She added stickers to one of her pages.
We talked about our bodies and how we take care of them by eating healthy and keeping clean. We labeled parts on this boy.
We also talked about feelings. We read a few books about feelings and discussed what feelings are. I showed him these faces and he told me what the feelings were and what makes him feel that way sometimes.
We learned about the five senses. We picked a different one each day. For hearing, I made him close his eyes and be very quiet. He told me sounds he could hear in the house like the washing machine and the ceiling fan. I made several noises too like putting a puzzle together and rustling paper. For sight, he told me about the things he saw at the fair. For touch, we walked around the house and looked for things that were smooth, hard, soft, bumpy, cold, or hot. For taste, I put a blindfold on him and he tasted salt, sugar, cocoa, and lemon. Our tongues taste four things and this was all four.
I made scent jars for smelling. He had to try and guess what each scent was. He did pretty good and the cocoa was his favorite!
Today, we reviewed all five senses using popcorn. J really enjoyed this...especially the tasting part!
We also talked about community helpers. I used these little puppets to explain what community helpers are. I also had different hats and toys for dramatic play.
He matched the picture of the community helper to the vehicle or work place. We did this several times.
We learned so many things this week. We also began working on lower case letters. He can recognize all but about five of them. We also practiced counting using a hole punch and paint samples. I wrote the numbers on the paint sample cards and he punched the correct amount of holes beside the numbers. This was great for counting and fine moter skills.
- We also read books to go along with everything we talked about. I had so many picked out for the week, we still haven't read them all!




This is awesome!!!!
ReplyDelete