Monday, October 1, 2012

Nursery Rhymes

The week before last J and I talked about nursery rhymes in preschool.  We learned a new nursery rhyme every day and did a craft or made a story wheel.  I wrote the nursery rhymes on a flip chart and J read them with me.  He can't actually read yet but I am trying to teach him how to point to words while he is reading and to go from left to right.  He is doing pretty well.  I'm sure he will pick up a few sight words just by following along with his finger. 






With everything going on with the house, we didn't do a lot of extra art activities with the nursery rhymes.  I am looking forward to this week.  We took a week off and started back today with fall activities.  I love this time of the year and all of the fun things we can do! 

1 comment:

  1. We miss you guys and decided to catch up on your blog to see what you have been up to! It looks like lots of fun! Mica, your preschool idea is so great! You are soooo creative! Hope you guys are all having a happy Fall! Love you! Carmen, Isabel and Sophia

    ReplyDelete