Friday, June 24, 2011

Fabulous Five

Here are some my new favorite things.

1.  Munchkin Easy Squeezy Spoon...I love this thing!  I can put the baby food in it before we leave the house and not have to worry about taking anything else.  It works great and is a great conversation starter.  I got mine at Babies R Us but I have seen them at Wal Mart.  The only drawback is it leaks a little if not upright when the baby food is very thin but when I put cereal in it I had to make sure there were no clumps or it got clogged.  Boon also makes one but it is harder to find.

2.  Lush Tea Tree Water Toner...I ordered this about a month ago and I love it.  I haven't always used a toner but I thought since I'm getting wrinkles I better try something new.  I spray it on my face before putting on my moisturizer and it makes my skin feel so soft.  It's light and airy and smells great.  

3.  Fisher Price Space Saver High Chair...I got this when I had J and I love it.  It reclines so it's great for little babies to be at the table with the family even before they can eat.  It sits up tall for big kids.  It has a tray that is removable and straps that keep the baby in the chair.  We use it almost every day.  I got a Bumbo a few weeks ago so that we would have something to travel with and use at Mom and Dad's but I'm taking it back.  I feel like K is going to fall out of it and I don't want to sit on the floor during meal times.  The space saver is perfect because it is a real high chair but it's not so big it looks like a space ship!

4.  Williams-Sonoma Chocolate Fondue Chips...Yum!  We had chocolate fondue Sunday night for dessert.  It was wonderful!  These chips are dark chocolate.  You add cream to make the fondue smooth and creamy.  You can also add a flavor but we like it plain.  Marshmallow cream would also make a great addition.  We ate our fondue with bananas, marshmallows, and rice krispie treats.  We had strawberries but they weren't very good.  The Melting Pot serves all these things as well as brownies and cheesecake.  I love fondue nights!

5.  Elmer's Rubber Cement...I don't know why but I have always loved rubber cement.  And it's not because of the smell.  It's just fun!  It sticks things together but you can take them apart if you mess up.  You can roll it into a ball.  It's just a fun crafting supply.  Everyone should have some!


Disclaimer:  LUSH is a supporter of "marriage equality" and gay rights.  I found this out when finding pictures to go with my favorite things.  So, I am in search of a new favorite moisturizer, toner, exfoliant, soap, body wash, etc.  I'm so sad!  It really stinks because I love their products. You can send them an email to express your own disappointment at marriageequality@lush.com. 
Also, fondue chips are no longer available at Williams-Sonoma.  Maybe that's just a Christmas thing.  Sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Ditto for Old Navy. They have even made "gay pride" shirts. Before long, we are going to be reduced to eating only what we kill/grow, and spin/make ourselves. Unless we live close to chik-fil-a (sp) ;-).

    ReplyDelete