Wednesday, May 11, 2011

5 months old

Our baby girl is growing so fast!  She is five months old and is getting pretty busy.  She can roll over both ways and scoots around on her belly.  She pushes the floor with her sticky, fat feet and moves herself around.  I love it when she is on her belly and she sticks her head up and looks around.  She is just too cute!  She is not sitting up on her own yet but can sit up pretty well in her Boppy and in the corner of her crib.  She loves to be up so she can look around.  K likes the jump-a-roo and I am getting ready to hang up the Johnny jump up.  I think she is going to love it! 
She is loving bath time these days.  We have had to move to the big tub because she kicks so much the Puj bath tub doesn't stay together anymore.  We still use that wonderful invention though as padding in the big tub.  She loves to kick and splash the water.  I have to keep her entertained with the washcloth because she will turn her head and try to lap up the water with her tongue.  J thinks this is very funny!  She is talking and smiling and is finally laughing out loud.  She is a stingy laugher but she will do it every once in a while. 
K is still sleeping in the bassinet in our room.  She still likes to sleep with her face covered and really likes her pacifier.  Although she has been sucking her fingers and thumb lately.  I am trying to put a stop to that but other people think it's sweet.  I'm not a fan of the thumb sucking!
K loves J!  She watches every move he makes and loves it when he gives her attention.  She will stop crying when he sings to her and smiles when he talks to her.  She likes to watch him play outside and in his room.  She will listen when we read books.  She grabs his face and hair when he gets near her and gives him kisses.  She also lights up when B comes in from work.  She knows his voice and smiles when he says her name. 
I love that our little girl recognizes the people around her.  She wants attention from all of us and will squeal until we look at her or talk to her.  I also love that she still wants me over anyone else.  I love that she cries when I leave the room and when someone else is holding her.  I love that I can make her stop crying when no one else can.  I love that it's me that gets to snuggle with her at bedtime and that I get to feed her the way only a mother can.  I love that she lights up the room with her smile.  She is one special girl!

Love those big blue eyes!
Sitting up in the Boppy
Wow!
Yum!!!
 Big smiles!

Making the Kewpie doll face
Wizard of Oz: A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others

Dorothy: Oh, but anyway, Toto, we're home. Home! And this is my room, and you're all here. And I'm not gonna leave here ever, ever again, because I love you all, and - oh, Auntie Em - there's no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment