Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

I'm only a day behind.  I had a great Mother's day weekend.  Saturday I hosted a brunch for our ladies' class from church.  There were about 20 people here and we had a wonderful time.  Linzi, Morgan, and Jana helped with the food.  It was all delicious!  Amelia put together some beautiful arrangements for the tables and Dad picked out two mini rose bushes at Walmart for two of the tables.  Mom helped with everything else.  I love having parties and such but I could never pull it off without her help.  It was nice visiting with the ladies and celebrating motherhood together. 
Sunday morning I woke up with both of my babies in bed with me.  They are so sweet in the morning.  I love waking up to kisses and hugs from J and sweet smiles from K.  I got two cards and a new skillet!  I asked for that and was so excited to get it.  We went to worship then had lunch with Mom, Dad, and Gram.  I got to take a nap with the babies which never happens and B did the dishes from lunch.  It was a great day!  I love being a mother and I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and children.  They make me feel special every day!
I am also thankful for my mother who is the best mother ever!  Thank you Mom for everything you do.  I love you!
All three of us are in this picture.  I don't have a decent picture of K and me.  Sad!
Mom and Me

Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly.
~Ambrose Bierce



If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? ~Milton Berle

No comments:

Post a Comment