Sunday, May 29, 2011

A is 1

Cousin A turned one Wednesday and his big family party was tonight.  When I say big, I mean 40+ people!  It's always fun when the whole clan gets together for birthday parties and holidays.  Some of Morgan's family got to come up from Houston as well so it was good fun.  It was a Dr. Seuss themed party and Morgan tackled a big first birthday cake...the cat's hat.  She enlisted help from several people but Mom helped with the baking and decorating.  She is a pro at cakes.  The cake turned out super cute!  A had a little smoosh cake that was cute too.  He licked some of the icing but I think the festivities were a little tiring.  He was moving in slow motion by cake and present time.  It was a big day for the little man!
Cute birthday boy with his Thing 1 shirt


The cakes

K wants a bite

J had fun playing with different toys

Before the party was Georgina's wedding.  Granny, Jacque, Jules, Mom, J, and I went to the wedding at 3:00 this afternoon.  It was at the Catholic church and was very different to what we are used too.  The fact that the entire ceremony was in Spanish made for a very interesting time.  I could pick out a few words and got the gist of the wedding part of the service but the prayers and songs were beyond me.  But Georgina and Jose` looked beautiful!  She wanted a "family" picture with us.  Granny and I were taking care of some flowers and missed the picture but J got in it and got to hug Georgina goodbye. 
Not a good picture...I know

I know you are wondering about K.  She stayed home with B during the wedding.  I fed her and got her down for a nap before we left.  I have never left her before and B was a little worried but they were fine.  She slept most of the time we were gone and woke up happy. 

It's been a busy weekend.  I am exhausted!  It's off to bed now so we can go to worship tomorrow and hopefully catch up on the laundry.  It never ends.  Have a happy Sunday!


"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
—
Dr. Seuss (Happy Birthday to You!)

1 comment: