1. K ate rice cereal for the first time last Thursday. I didn't think I would be feeding my exclusively breastfed baby food this early but she has been grabbing our plates and cups for a while now not to mention screaming at the table while we try to eat meals. So, I mixed a little cereal with some white grape juice and she loved it! She has had it two more times since and still likes the idea of eating with the family. Tonight I even added a little mashed banana. I don't think we will do this every day for a while because her little tummy still isn't up to eating a lot on a regular basis but it won't be long!
2. My computer, Beatrice, contracted a virus Thursday and had to make a visit to the Geek Squad at Best Buy. I am so happy to have her back today. My web browser looks different and B had to work on getting it back to normal but other than that Bea is back in business!
3. I made homemade rolls and cinnamon rolls for the first time Saturday. Well...the first time since I was a 4-Her entering bread in the Breads contest. One year Brittany and I made bread that didn't rise correctly. It was disgusting! Needless to say we didn't win that part of the contest. Anyway, I was quite proud of my cinnamon rolls. They were delicious! My rolls looked great Sunday morning when I left for church. They were sitting out rising and were nice and fluffy. But when I got home from worship, the poor things were flat and dense. They tasted okay but were really ugly! Better luck next time.
4. The senior Bible presentation was after worship last night. We stayed and watched our six seniors receive their Bibles. It was fun looking at all the pictures, awards, and "stuff" on the tables the seniors set up for us. J had his picture made with Alan or "Awan" as he says. J is really going to miss watching Alan play baseball. He won't have anyone to visit in the dugout at the games next year. Although, I'm not sure that will stop him from going in there. The coach may have to make him an honorary player!
5. Tonight J ate sausage and liked it! He has never been a meat eater. He is just like me and would rather eat bread. And although my dad thinks otherwise I do cook meat and make him eat it. But tonight I fixed sausage and scrambled eggs. J likes his eggs with a little cheese and sometimes ketchup but I put sausage crumbles in it and he told me more than once that he "really liked this supper." His papaw will be proud!
"Run mad as often as you choose but do not faint."
Cranberry Holiday Simmer Pot
12 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment