Tuesday, October 11, 2011

10 Months Old

Our sweet girl was ten months old yesterday.  I know I say this every month but, man, time is flying!  We love our precious, blue eyed little one.  She makes me laugh every day.  She is always up to something and I am finding that I spend a majority of my day chasing her.  She is starting to take steps.  She will take five or six steps until she decides she can crawl faster.  I know it won't be long until she is running circles around me. 
She loves to play with J and all of his toys.  She is more interested in him than anything or anyone else.  She will crawl away from me laughing just to be in the same room as J.  She loves to play with his cars and trains and can make a truck sound.  She is saying a few words and even has a word for her brother but we haven't quite figured it out yet.  She says "bye bye" and waves a lot.  She talks on the phone.  Her favorite syllable is "da" and uses it for most things.  She will say mama every once in a while but usually just pats me and gives me a snuggle. 
She still loves to eat and will eat most anything.  If she doesn't want what I give her, she will spit it out.  She is eating mostly table food and wants whatever the rest of us are eating.  And she is starting to pick up bites and feed herself.  Not without making a big mess however! 
At her last visit to the doctor, she weighed 17.5 pounds (that's the weight of a 7 month old...tiny thing!) and was 27.5 inches long (that's the length of a 9 month old...just right!)  She is very little, just the opposite of her big brother. 
What a wonderful baby doll we were blessed with! 








A tiny daughter gives parents a life in a climate of perpetual wonder.
-- Pierre Doucet


A daughter is a treasure - and a cause of sleeplessness.
-- Ben Sirach

1 comment:

  1. Such a teeny, tiny Beauty with the biggest blue eyes! She's perfectly adorable.

    ReplyDelete