This is my favorite time of year! Where we live it doesn't last long either. I love the cool breezes and falling leaves. I love the feel of new flannel sheets on the bed and the heaviness of extra blankets. I love putting a onesie underneath my sweet girl's clothes and seeing cute socks on her precious feet. I love the colors of the leaves and watching them change from day to day. I love the smell of smoke coming from chimneys when I step outside. I love soup and hot cocoa and the smell of warm coffee at mom and dad's. Everything about this season makes me happy!
This is the time for pumpkins and apples and baking. It's when we get out the holiday music even though we love Halloween and Thanksgiving. We just like to listen to Bing sing White Christmas for more than one month. It's a time for crafts and painting and learning new things. J can't wait to gather fall leaves, examine them, and make things from them.
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking successive autumns. ~George Eliot
Cranberry Holiday Simmer Pot
12 hours ago

You are a good writer! I love autumn best, too.
ReplyDelete