Friday, April 13, 2012

Waiting, Zoo, Catching Up

The kids and I woke up early so that we could spend the day at our state capital shopping, visiting the zoo, and spending some long overdue time with old friends.  Well, one of them is an old friend and the other is relatively new! 
First we went to this great paper company's warehouse sale and stocked up on Christmas cards.  We gathered up a few other things as well, such as 12 rolls of wrapping paper, 17 packages of paper plates, 12 packages of paper napkins, 5 packages of cute cups, and a few other odds and ends.  I haven't counted my cards yet but I'm hoping I got out of there with at least 200!  All of that and I spent less than forty dollars!!  However, we waited in line for an hour to check out.  My sweet babies were perfect and didn't fuss a bit!
Waiting in line...check out the goods on the stroller!

This is the best I could get holding her while waiting in line.

Next, we met my good friend Courtney and her baby R for lunch. R is only about six weeks older than K and they have never met. Courtney and I were inseparable during our college years and early working years. Then we got married and she moved to Florida! Now she's back in her home state and much closer but we haven't seen each other since her little one was 2 weeks old. We had a great lunch. The conversation was like we see each other every day! I love that about good friends!
Laid back and ready to go!



We spent the rest of the afternoon at the zoo. It was K's first zoo trip and J had never been to this one. They all had a great time! It was a beautiful day and the animals were all out and about. We rode the train and the carousel, and this zoo was perfect for strollers. We didn't have to get them out to see any of the animals until the gorilla exhibit. Of course, I forgot to bring my camera into the zoo. All of my pictures were taken on my phone so excuse the blurs. Courtney got some great shots of the kids and I will try to share those when I get copies.
My favorite picture from the day





Ready to ride the carousel...She really did like it once we were moving.
He said his horse won the race.  He patted it and told it goodbye and good job!

So sleepy by the time we got on the train.
Riding the train

Maybe next time it won't take us so long to get together!

No comments:

Post a Comment