Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer To Do List **UPDATED**

I have been seeing all of these cute summer bucket lists for kids on the internet.  Even though J isn't in school, I thought it would be fun to do something different with our summer activities.  I found some great ideas and can't wait to get busy doing everything!
My first priority this week was to let J do the crafts I planned for my vbs class.  He had the most fun making the crown.  Of course, glitter is always fun to get out!  This was a great way to review the lessons he learned last week. 

Tomorrow we are going to get started on our summer list.  I was going to write everything down on strips of paper and let J draw out a few every week but I like seeing the whole list so we can pick things that will work with our daily schedules.  I think I am going to write these down on butcher paper and hang them up on the wall so J can cross things off as we do them. 
What fun things are you doing this summer?  Have any suggestions for us?

Easy Outside Activities
Wash the Car
Play Catch
Water balloon fight
Scavenger hunt
Wade in a river
Skip a rock across water
Find constellations in the sky
Play hopscotch
Play Frisbee
Fly a kite
Get a sandbox and put it together


Easy Inside Activities
Build a Fort
Play PlayDoh
Play TicTacToe
Paint hot rocks with crayons
Make a map of the neighborhood
Do a hidden picture from the highlights website
Have a paper airplane contest
Freezer baggie ice cream
VBS crafts
Plan and create a picnic for stuffed animals
Create an obstacle course for little cars
Eat watermelon
Homemade popsicles
Have a tea party
Paint faces
Play dress up in mommy and daddy’s clothes
Make instruments for a band
Sliding contest in the hall
Put together all of the floor puzzles at one time
Make homemade bubbles
Movie marathon on a rainy day
Have a family board game night with Mamaw and Papaw

 
Activities that Need Planning

Organize Bike parade
Make cookies and take them to Granny
Plan a bake sale or lemonade stand and donate money to Children’s Homes
Tie dye t-shirts
Picnic at the park
Play a game of horseshoes
Slip n slide
Swimming lessons
Visit the farmers’ market
Horseback riding
Puppet Show
Celebrate Eric Carle’s birthday
Mid America Museum
Host an Olympics Day
Spray paint outside
Paint a t-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment