I need to gripe a little tonight.
I took the kids out to Longhorn Steakhouse tonight for dinner. It was early so we didn't have to wait for a table...there were plenty available. Of course, we get seated right next to the bathrooms. There was only one other couple sitting next to us. Our waiter came to take our drink order. He brought our drinks and took our dinner order. We didn't see him again until our food was ready. No bread. No can I get you any more water. J was mad about the bread. He loves his bread! He checked on us once during the meal then brought the ticket. He wasn't rude just obviously aggrevated that he got the mom with two kids who is drinking tea.
Now I'm a good tipper. Great tipper actually! Just because I'm alone with two kids and not having alcohol doesn't mean that I'm going to skimp on the tip. I VERY STRONGLY DISLIKE being pushed aside at a restaurant because I have kids. This happens all of the time. I can go out with friends (no drinking involved) and the friendliness level goes from a one to a ten. Why?
My kids are good too. We eat out enough that they know how to sit and eat. They aren't overly loud or cry the entire meal. They sit, eat, and let others enjoy their meals as well. J even orders on his own politely and says thank you often.
I still tipped the guy. I think I wanted to prove him wrong. And maybe he's just a bad server in general. But I want my kids to learn how to eat in public and use manners away from our table at home. It would be nice if they were treated nicely and acknowledged by the server.
What do you do when this happen? Am I the only one bothered by this?
Cranberry Holiday Simmer Pot
12 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment