Today we ate our way through two pears. We also did a few crafts and read several books about the life cycle of a butterfly.
We made a caterpillar using balloons. I needed smaller balloons but this worked. I found the idea HERE.
While J painted with balloons, K "finger painted". I put paint in baggies and taped them to the table. She mushed the paint around. It was great!
We put bug stickers on paper.
Then swatted them! This would be fun with a big piece of paper outside.
K even did it! Idea found HERE.
I painted their faces. J loved this! I did his first and K watched. She was pretty excited about getting her face painted too.
We read books.
I had these from my teaching days. I hung them on our dining room wall (a.k.a. our school room!). J is using them to retell the story.
I hung up the stages in the life cycle and after reading several books about it, J put smaller pictures in order.
I will share the rest of our Eric Carle activities at the end of the week!

No comments:
Post a Comment