Being a mother has been challenging, overwhelming, rewarding, frustrating, and simply wonderful! I couldn't ask for a more perfect job. My sweet boy makes me laugh, cry, tug at my hair, count to 100, and smile every day. I love having him in my life and I am so so thankful that God gave me the opportunity to being his mother.
J is the funniest, friendliest kid I know. He tells the best stories, shakes hands at church, has an endless supply of hugs and thinks everyone should want one, has a smile that melts my heart, and talks from morning til night. He loves to play with his horses, read books, play baseball, and do puzzles. He likes to play games with his daddy and me like go fish, memory, and anything else we will teach him. He can spell and write his name, recognize a few letters and numbers, and loves to paint, cut, and paste.
His favorite person is Mamaw and would spend most of his time with her if he could. He also really likes being with Papaw because he gets to check the cows, visit the chickens, build fence, chop wood, and other big boy farm chores. He likes to go the deer camp and drive around the farm looking for deer. He likes to fish, ride his tractor, and throw rocks in the pond.
He can do a mean Nutsy imitation as well as Thumper and Bambi. He never forgets anything and expects that we won't either. I'm afraid we disappoint him in that area...often! He loves John Wayne and Derek Jeter. He vividly remembers our trip to Syracuse, New York to visit Blake and brings it up anytime a vacation is mentioned. He wants to go back so we can ride Black Beauty (his favorite horse on the mall carousel...the only fun thing to do in Syracuse) and go see that big waterfall (Niagara Falls...two hours away near Buffalo, New York).
And even though he is a "big boy" and has been going to sleep on his own lately, he still likes to snuggle with his mommy. Last night I got one last bed time snuggle with my three year old as he drifted off to sleep. I look forward to the next year...watching him grow and learn new things.
I love you sweet J. My precious brown eyed boy!


No comments:
Post a Comment