Wednesday, September 14, 2011

All About J

Yesterday was all about J.  Blake took off work so they could do some things together.  I had planned on cooking him breakfast but he said he just wanted a strudel.  When we told him he could have anything he wanted, he decided on a McDonald's hot cake happy meal.  So Blake got McDonald's for breakfast and then the boys headed to the deer camp to check on the new deer stand and drive around a little.  No hunting yet, of course, but boys have to make sure the deer are still there! 
He got a little upset when they were leaving to come home because the four wheeler had a run in with the back window in the truck.  But he got to have a sandwich and onion rings from a little store near our house and that made things better. 
After a much needed nap, we headed to the seventh grade football game to watch Gabe and Ty.  J had fun visiting with his friends and watching Gabe play.  He is the quarterback and did a really good job.  It was really hot so Mom, K, and I stood under the bleachers most of the game to shield Baby from the sun but we caught bits and pieces.  I checked on J periodically and he was happy in the stands.
Because of the game, we didn't cook dinner.  Since it was also Papaw's birthday, we let him pick where to eat so we ended up at the local fish place.  J likes it because he gets to eat mozzarella sticks for dinner and look at the fish in the big tanks.  After dinner we went back to Mamaw and Papaw's for presents and cake.  J requested a strawberry cake with no icing so that's what he got.  He is the only kid I know that would rather have the cake.  All of his friends lick off the frosting and leave the cake!  Funny guy!
He got some great presents and has been playing with them all day.  He especially loves the Thomas Lego set.  I built it for him this morning and he loves it!  Thanks Mamaw and Papaw!  He also got several new books including an ABC book from Seth and Jules about our state that is really neat.  It tells all kinds of interesting facts and shares places that we have never been.
Last day/swim as a 3 year old

Deer camp makes little boys sleepy!


Cousin Gabe
His very own camera!




Strawberry cake and chocolate ice cream (Thanks Jules for the ice cream!)

I think he had a pretty good birthday.  Now I officially have a four year old in my house!  What a little dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment