Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hunger Games

So, how many of you went to see The Hunger Games movie this weekend?  I got to go with some friends and it was SO MUCH FUN!!!!  I know I'm regressing.  I'm thirty years old, reading books written for 13 year olds and going to see movies about said books.  Not only that but if I had a 2013 calender, the date would be marked for the next movie!  I won't even mention the t-shirt I bought and the braid I wore in my hair today! 
After reading THIS, I was inspired to create some refreshments for our little movie road trip.  It takes about an hour to get to the nearest theater so what would be better than some hunger games themed snacks?!? 

Before the movie, we had chocolate oatmeal cookies in white paper sacks and frozen hot chocolate with fresh whipping cream.  In the book, Peeta's father brings Katniss cookies in a white paper bag.  On the train to Panem, Katniss and Peeta are introduced to hot chocolate.  I used the printables HERE for the tags on the sacks and the straw flags.  I added "Mellark's Bakery" to the tags.  
   




During the movie--yes, we snuck snacks into the theater--we had trail mix.  In the book, Katniss eats dried fruit from another tribute's backpack and she finds nuts and berries to eat as well.  Our trail mix had glazed almonds and blueberry infused cranberries.  YUM!


After the movie, we had "Nightlock Cobbler."  I baked blackberry cobbler in jars and used the same printables as tags.  If you haven't read the book or seen the movie, you should.  Or you'll never know how important Nightlock is!  We also had orange juliuses but I forgot to take a picture.  Remember on the train ride to Panem, Katniss has orange juice for the first time.




I think themed snacks for movie night is going to become a tradition!  And matching t-shirts too!


May the odds be ever in your favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment