Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sweet Baby Shower

I hosted (or used our house to help host) a shower for a friend from church.  It was really more of a meet and greet for her new baby.  This is her third baby and second girl but we wanted to do something for them.  I thought the spring colors would be nice and timed perfectly with my Easter decorating!  Just a few books, blocks, and such added here and there and, voila!, a perfect meet and greet baby shower! 
I made cupcakes and a sweet cake.  Judy and Tina brought cookies, Amelia made her wonderful lemon bars, Karrie made homemade mints and Joanna made punch.  I think it was a success!

Initial addition to the mantel

Cute advice cards I printed

Table full of delicious sweets!

My spring colored vanilla cupcakes with buttercream frosting

Four layer cake I made

The inside of the cake!  I was so proud of myself!  I used lemon curd as filling between layers. 


"Set your mind on things above, not on things of the earth."  Colossians 3:2, NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment