Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Sampler

I didn't do much cooking last week because we weren't home but Friday I made a ton of sweets!  Homemade lemon cooler cookies (Mom and Jules LOVED these), graham cracker s'mores cookies (Seth and Luke said this was the best s'mores recipe I've tried), and payday cookie bars (Luke's favorite).  They were all delicious!  You can also find the recipe I used for frozen hot chocolate HERE. 

I thought I would share my recipe for orange julius.  My mom says she used to get these at the mall when I was a baby.  There aren't any Orange Julius/DQ's around here but I love finding them when we travel!  Mom made these for us when we were younger and they were such a treat.  Enjoy!


Orange Julius
From Jill's kitchen


1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 cubes of ice (about 2/3 cup crushed ice)

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Pour in a glass and drink!  Yum!

You could use more/less orange juice and/or ice.  Depends on how intense the flavor and how icy you like it.  This recipe is just right for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment