Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 1: Go Yankees!

We left bright and early Tuesday morning--bright and early meaning we finally pulled out of town around 8:40.  Our first stop was The Cheesecake Factory in Arlington.  We couldn't check in to our hotel until three so what better way to spend two hours but eating the most fattening food in the USA!  I did manage to take pictures of our food.  Some plates were already being devoured but you get the idea. 

Yay!  Time to eat!

My crusted romano chicken

Blake's chicken belagio

J's sausage pizza...K shared with everyone

Blake and J's Godiva cheesecake


My banana cheesecake...Wow!


K liked the whipped cream

We made a quick stop in the mall to grab a couple of shirts and headed to our hotel.  After unpacking and a little rest, we were dressed and ready to see the Texas Rangers play the New York Yankees!  J was SO excited about seeing Derek Jeter.  I must say I was a little pumped as well!  Our seats were not to die for but major league baseball games are always fun.  K was a trooper.  She even took a nap during a couple of innings.
Our view of the field





Yu Darvish was awesome!

Hiroki Kuroda...starting pitcher for Yankees

The reason we were there!

What a cutie!

J was beaming at this point.

Apparanly A. Rod didn't like that call!

 
Five hot dogs, a bag of cotton candy, two scoops of chocolate ice cream, french fries, a bottle of water, and six innings were all our little family could handle.  The Rangers won two to zero. 
What a great day!
Not a very good picture but you can see his shirt.  He was supporting Jeter that night!
Blake wore a Jeter shirt as well.  I went with Rangers colors but rooted for both teams.

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! I would have wanted to leave early too if my Yankees were losing.

    ReplyDelete