Sunday, July 8, 2012

Alaska Part 1

May 24, 2012
It rained all day today.  It was really cool to see the clouds roll in and out around the mountains all day.  By the end of the day today I could barely see the mountains because the clouds had covered them completely.

MY FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH A MOOSE!!!!!!
I finally got to see some wildlife today. This is a picture of a moose that was just taking a leisurely stroll through our motorpool today. I jumped out of the car and was about 25 feet from it.  This moose apparently doesn't like to have pictures taken of it. The moose stopped, turned its head towards me, laid its ears back, and made a growling sound!  I also saw a bear today but didn't get a picture of it.  I'm sure I'll see another one though. 


May 27, 2012
24 Hours of Light 
This picture was taken at around 11:45 p.m. last night.  This is one thing that I cannot get used to.  It gets a little dark for a couple of hours then lightens up again.


May 28, 2012
Potter Marsh is a really cool place to take pictures.  You can sometimes see wildlife such as moose, geese, coyotes, and all kinds of birds.  I really liked it because it is an area that is just clean and for the most part untouched.


These were some pictures I took along Seward Highway going south out of Anchorage. It was really neat to get out of the city and into the countryside. Alaska is one of the most beautiful places I have visited.



Alaskan Railroad


 
Posted by Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment