Wednesday...We ate three plums. We made some fingerprint bugs and used some bug stamps. J loves getting my inks out and adding his own touches! K even stamped with us. We read some great bug books.
On Thursday, we ate four strawberries. We had plans to go the movies but put up peaches instead.
On Friday, we ate 5 orange...slices. I couldn't find little oranges so we just counted our slices! We also read some books about ladybugs. We did a couple of symmetry activities with ladybugs. J made a beautiful butterfly using tissue paper pieces. He also used small storytelling materials to retell the story. I didn't have my camera with me so I didn't get pictures of that.
It took us two days, Saturday and Sunday, to get through the all of the desserts the caterpillar ate through on Saturday but we did it! Chocolate cake, ice cream cone, pickle, salami (bologna), cheese, cherry pie, cupcake, watermelon, sausage, and a lollipop. Actually, we never ate sausage but that's all we missed! I made a chocolate cake for Sunday lunch and I took cupcakes to the bike parade. Hostess helped with the cherry pie and we had a bologna and American cheese sandwich for lunch Saturday. I made green leaf sugar cookies for Sunday because after all the sugar on Saturday we definitely had a stomachache and needed the green leaf!
We had a great week celebrating Eric Carle's birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment