Seth's birthday was on Sunday and I wanted to make him sugar cookies. He loves them and Mom usually only makes them for special occasions. I had thought he and B could make them last Friday but it was such a pretty day they spent most of the day outside. So, cookie making got put off because of all the Easter festivities.
It was a rather stormy day today so I called Mom, the ultimate sugar cookie maker, to see if she wanted to make cookies with J. J picked out the cookie cutters, an airplane and a train. We took them to Mom's and they mixed up the dough and cut out the cookies. Mamaw made some round ones to go with the planes and trains.
 |
| Making the dough...Isn't he cute?!?! |
 |
| Before baking |
J did more playing with the extra flour than anything. Mamaw even let him crack some extra eggs to make his own mixture. It was pretty disgusting!
Later this afternoon, between tornado warnings, they made icing. J picked out the color and put in the food coloring. He helped ice a few but kept biting pieces off of the trains and plains. I'm sure Seth will be happy to know that we didn't send him the plane that J licked!
 |
| Ready to make icing. |
In the end, the cookies turned out great and tasted good! Mom makes the best cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment