Tuesday was a big day for me...HUGE!!! It took over three months but I finally did it. I looked at my sewing/embroidery machine for the first time since my mom unboxed it after Christmas. I have been avoiding it. It's scary and overwhelming. After I looked at it things started to unfold. This is how we became acquainted.
I took the machine cover off...plugged in the machine...turned it on...picked up the user's guide...put down the user's guide...turned machine off...unplugged it...left the room. Later that day...opened the user's guide...plugged machine in...turned it on...found thread...actually followed directions and threaded machine...unthreaded machine...found bobbin...followed directions again and put thread on bobbin...threaded machine a second time...began to put bobbin in it's place...called Mom! It seemed that the bobbing was putting me in my place. I had no idea what I was up against so I called in the professional. My mom came quickly because she is ready for me to learn how to embroider a "K" and a "J". She expertly set the bobbin to right and began sewing! WOW! (By the way, did you know that upside down "wow" becomes "mom"?) After a pep talk and visual demonstration I felt a little better.
Skip ahead a few days and I have become a crazy sewing lady. Staying up late, using patterns, reading tutorials online. This is what I created.
My mother in law wanted some owl teethers to give as baby gifts. Remember seeing them here? And don't forget the tutorial here. I thought they turned out pretty cute. I also made a pair of sleeping pants for J but I will not show you those. They did not turn out cute but he likes them so that's all that matters to his mommy!
Enough of the sewing novella. K has had a cold this week. She started coughing last weekend and hasn't stopped. I got it next and now J is running fever with a runny nose and cough. Karrie had a picture of her sick season arsenal on her blog earlier this week. I contimplated posting one of my own but didn't have as many weapons. However, as the week goes on, our own arsenal has grown!
For K: Infant Tylenol, Saline drops, and nose bulb
For J: Children's Tylenol, Saline spray, and Boogie wipes
For both kids: Benedryl and Vic's BabyRub
For Me: Mucinex DM
not pictured: the half dozen boxes of used Puff's Plus we have already been through this week...YUCK!
K seems to be doing better. J is just starting this and I am somewhere in between. Let's just hope B doesn't get it.
On a serious and much more important note, I hope you will take the time to check out this blog. Beth adopted Eden from Ethiopia with the knowledge that she may have some special needs. She was severely malnourished and had been in an orphanage for over 14 months. Eden did very well for a very short time but then she became ill. She has now been diagnosed with Metachromatic Leukodystrophy also known as MLD. It is life threatening and very rare. Most children with this disease do not live past age 5. Eden is not yet two. Please pray for Eden and Beth.
Cranberry Holiday Simmer Pot
13 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment