Friday, April 22, 2011

Fab 5 Friday

1.  Easter Egg Dye...I know this is weird but since Easter is Sunday I thought I would throw this in.  The smell of vinegar and the fizzle of that little pill reminds me of my childhood!  I remember going to my great aunt Mary Lou's every Saturday before Easter and dying eggs.  The egg dye would be put in all kinds of containers from plastic butter bowls to KFC styrofoam mashed potato containers.  The table was covered in newspaper and the dye was set out and we would get to work dying Easter eggs.  My Gramps always made one for Gram with their names or the date or some other little message or picture on it.  Now we go to Gram's every year to continue the egg dying tradition.  There are fewer kids and Gramps isn't with us anymore but we still have fun.  I'm glad J and K are getting to experience some of the same things I did as a child.

2.  Ici Silicone Spoon...I have three of these and that is not near enough.  It is the first thing I grab when I'm cooking.  I use this spoon for everything from stirring the sugar into to my tea to making brownies to browning hamburger meat.  The silicone is heat resistant up to 600 degrees so I don't have to worry if I accidently leave it in the pot while I'm cooking.  It is wonderful! 

3.  Space Saver Underbed Tote...Leanne introduced me to these things.  I love organization!  I also love Rubbermaid tubs.  I have a tub, basket, box for everything in my house.  I think I go a little overboard on the organization but it makes me feel good!  I had J's clothes in clear plastic tubs.  I consolidated and fit two tubs of clothes in one of these handy dandy space saver bags.  The beauty of these is that they fit into canvas totes that stack neatly in the closet.  Now I have room for girl clothes!
4. Crib Bedding by Javis Davis...Brandie ordered her crib bedding from this website and I loved it.  The website was so much fun.  You could pick the fabrics you liked and mix and match the patterns to create your own custom crib bedding.  Of course, when I was pregnant with K we didn't find out if she was a boy or girl so I just picked out a girl pattern I liked thinking I might get it after she was born.  I was planning on using J's bedding if we had another boy.  My mom surprised me by ordering the bumpers and a crib sheet just in case because the fabric was so wonderful!  (We had ordered swatches to play with.)  Mom made the crib skirt just like we designed on the website.  I love the bedding!  However, I'm sad to report that Javis Davis no longer designs crib bedding.  I checked the website to find a picture for this post and she is moving on to other things.  Sad!!! 

5.  Cutter Bee Scissors...I have had the same pair of Cutter Bee scissors for at least 6 years.  I only use them for scrapbooking.  They are little so I can cut out tiny things and they are super sharp!  They are the best scissors I have ever had.  I will never use another brand for scrapbooking as long as they make these.  They are the best!

"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."  ~Charlie Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment