Friday, July 22, 2011

Fab Five Friday: Movie Edition

This month's fabulous five is all about movies.  This one was almost as hard as the books but I'm keeping it to five.  Only movies though.  I'll have to do musicals some other time. 

1.  Anne of Green Gables...Just about every life situation can be related to this movie.  I have seen it so many times that sometimes I put it in while I'm doing other things just to listen to it.  I can see the pictures in my head.  At least once a week something will happen and a quote from Anne will pop into my head.  I love it!  It's quirky and smart.  It's one of the best family films ever.  If you haven't seen it, your life isn't complete!
2.  Gone with the Wind...I've seen it a million times.  I can quote it.  If my head isn't throwing around quotes from Anne Shirley, it's giving my "I'll think about that tomorrow."  It's a classic!  Everyone must see it at least once.
3.  Little Women...The one with Winona Ryder not Katharine Hepburn.  (It is most like the book.)  This movie has the all time best marriage proposal ever!  Not to mention that Christian Bale is lovely and I will name my next son Lawrence after this movie because he will be just as beautiful as Christian and will be able to pull it off.  Am I vain?  Yes!  And, no, I'm NOT expecting that next son now, I'm just planning ahead.
4.  Love Actually...Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Emma Thompson, Keira Knightley, Liam Neeson, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Laura Linney, Thomas Sangster, Alan Rickman...Need I say more!?!?  The first two had me at hello. 
5.  Harry Potter series...I know it's a series but I love them all and you can't have one without the other.  I read all of the books and the movies got better and better.  I've seen every one in the theater and plan on seeing the last one (boo hoo) in July for a belated anniversary date with Blake.  But I will say that if you've only seen the movies and haven't read the books, you are missing out. 

Marmee: Feminine weaknesses and fainting spells are the direct result of our confining young girls to the house, bent over their needlework, and restrictive corsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment