Thursday, July 7, 2011

Old Friends

Today I got to spend a few hours catching up with old friends.  Brandie, Amanda, and I started at Harding the same year.  Amanda and I had gone to church camp together when we were younger but hadn't seen each other in years.  We ended up pledging the same social club, one we won't mention by name.  Sophomore year, Amanda and Brandie were roommates.  We have been friends ever since. 
Amanda just lives 30 minutes from me but we hardly ever see each other.  The three of us try to get together when big things happen in our lives.  Babies, funerals, weddings, and new houses!  Today I picked Amanda up and we drove the hour and a half to Brandie's new house.  Which is beautiful by the way!  We had a great visit and Brandie had a delicious lunch for us.  K and Brandie's baby "played."  He is four months older so it will be a little while before they really have fun together.  Amanda and I left the big boys with family so we wouldn't have to chase after them. 
So much has changed since college.  Back then it was all about studying, boys, concerts, and such.  Now we are all so busy with kids, living in different towns with different routines it takes us a couple of weeks to pick out one day in a month that we can all meet up.  But I'm so glad we have stayed friends and still find that one day to spend together. 
Amanda, Brandie, Me...Sophomore Year
And we will just bask in the glow of those concert going 20 year olds.  Just look at that hair.  Look at that chin.  Who knew I ever had one of those!  By the end of the month, the three of us will all have turned thirty.  Maybe in ten more years, we will be done having kids and will be planning weekends away from them to catch up with one another. 
What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment