Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine Party

Yesterday, we had a little Valentine party for a few of J's friends.

We ate lunch, played, and passed out valentines.  Well, the moms passed out the valentines which works out pretty good with four year olds who can't read!  I think the kids had a good time.  I know J did!  He loves having his friends come to play. 

I found these cute paper bags and set them out with jars of candy for the kids to fill and take home.

The big table for babies and moms.

I used the chair envelopes Mom made as place markers for the kids.  The plates I monogrammed  looked great on the tables.

The big kids sat at the little table. 

Brownies

Strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate dipped marshmallows

I made layered strawberry jello in these cute little cups and used paper baking cups to hold goldfish.

Grapes and strawberries in mixing bowls from Target.

Because we had play dough in the play room, I removed the rugs and Mom thought of taping a butcher paper rug to the floor.  I put markers in the play room (washable, of course) and they got to draw on the floor!

Sorting Valentine erasers (They didn't sort but used the muffin tin with the play dough.)

Foam door hangers with foam letter stickers ( No one made one of these.)

Glitter foam sheets and foam heart stickers (I thought they could make valentines for their moms but that didn't happen!)

Heart beads and red pipe cleaners for bracelet making (A couple of the kids did make bracelets.  I was excited about that!)

The most fun activity was the play dough.  I made strawberry play dough and chocolate play dough.  The chocolate ended up being to sticky but we found some PlayDoh for them and they went to town making things.  I used a basic play dough recipe from a friend.  I found how to make the scented play dough here and here. 

Toys for the babies in the living room


They had fun drawing on the floor.  I ripped one piece when I was vacuuming up the play dough bits. 


I found the little plastic cups used for the jello at CupKate's Event Design.  The red striped paper bags, tiny pink spoons, and plastic milk bottles came from Shop Sweet Lulu.  I bought the valentine plates (used by the mommies) at Pottery Barn Kids.  I have last year's and this year's designs.  Everything else I bought for the party I found at Target or Walmart or I already had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment