I love to plan a weekly menu! I buy my groceries each week with a grocery list based on that menu. But every week, there are days (sometimes more than others) when I just don't want to spend an hour or two in the kitchen cooking dinner. It interrupts play time, nap time, craft time, etc. So, this week I am trying something new.
I made my menu, bought the groceries, and I cooked all day today in preparation for the upcoming week. I'm not sure if I like spending my Saturday cooking but it gives Blake plenty of time to play with the kids and I don't feel guilty about making them play alone while I cook every night.
I hope that instead of one or two hours, I can spend 30 minutes or less preparing dinner each night.
What have I cooked today, you ask? Lasagna (two recipes...we ate it tonight and I have 3 pans in the freezer), Tallerini, Blueberry Crumb Cake, S'mores Cookie Bars, Hash Brown Casserole, Deviled Eggs (for lunch tomorrow, so no, they won't be sitting around for a week!), Breakfast Burritos and Southwestern Egg Rolls (both of these will go in the freezer for easy, microwavable breakfasts and lunches)
I did take a few breaks to feed and rock the baby! And taste things! I also cooked Cowboy Breakfast Sandwiches for this morning's breakfast and made Pizza Dough and Cheese Pizza for lunch. Blake has to cook my chicken for quesadillas and everything will be ready to go for the week! I am hoping this works. I will let you know Friday if I like this plan or not.
By the way, the highlighted foods will take you to the recipes I found online.
Cranberry Holiday Simmer Pot
12 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment