Saturday, August 6, 2011

Gripe

It is SO HOT in our neck of the woods!  I woke up at 6 this morning and it was already over 90 degrees.  The sun wasn't even up!  Our air has run from noon until midnight every day this week without taking a break.  We are out of groceries because it is too hot to go to the store.  J hasn't played outside before 7 p.m. in days.  Everything is dry, brown, and dead. 
To top it all off, we have all had a cold this week.  J had it first, then me, now K.  She ran fever all day Thursday.  She has four teeth trying to come in so she just feels awful.  J and I have been cuddling with her and doing everything we can to keep her happy.  J says, "Bless her heart!"
I'm hoping that we are all feeling better and the heat subsides a little so we can go outside some during the day.  I also need to start getting ready for J's 4th birthday party.  It is just a month away and there is much to do!
Have a good weekend and stay hydrated!  I don't dare say stay cool because unless you live in Australia right now, you won't be cool!


What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance. 
~Jane Austen


***Update...Took K to doctor yesterday and she has a double ear infection.  I'm so glad I decided to call and get an appointment.  Hopefully after a couple days of antibiotics she will feel a little better.  Poor thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment