Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Last Few Days

We have had a busy end of the week.  Mom, the kids, and I went to Luke's new apartment to clean and decorate.  We spent one night in the one bedroom, very tiny, one full size bed apartment.  J tossed and turned all night and K did not want to stay in the pack-n-play.  Needless to say Mom and I didn't get a whole lot of sleep.  But we left the place as clean as we could get it and ready for Luke to move in.
Friday morning while we were out shopping, J kept complaining of a headache.  When we returned to the apartment, we realized he was burning up with fever.  Of course, this was the one time I left for an overnight stay without all our meds packed so we rushed around and loaded everything into the car and headed for the nearest Walgreens.  Poor guy!  He had a very high fever.  He rested and slept well last night and spent today watching movies and playing with his new Play Doh set from Mamaw. 
He had no fever most of the day but it came back tonight.  I don't know what's wrong.  I just hope it's not strep! 
B spent the day working in the yard.  We are working on it in sections.  The back is finished so today he tackled a briar patch and some rogue mimosa trees.  Once we get rid of the stumps and the grass starts to grow, it will look much better.  We still have the other half to do but I think we can get it done before J's birthday.  Things are really coming together.  I keep crossing things off my list!  And thanks to Mrs. Tammy we have a wagon for our food!  I will start giving you a preview this week of birthday decor and I will show you the invitations.  They are so cute! 
Have a happy Sunday!
Happy to be cleaning for Luke

Ready to shop

She was a big helper!

Sick boy

Pulling teeth
Even the Smurfs need dental work

K got to play too!

Trees down

Halfway through the briars

One lone oak tree and a few stumps!  Yea!

Very hot Daddy!


Maybe if musicians got off their blogs and picked up their guitars, the music business would be in better shape.  ~Rufus Humphrey, Gossip Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment