December is here and Christmas is coming soon! I hope to do something every day, even something small, to help celebrate the holiday. Maybe if I blog about it I can stick to the plan! We shall see!
Day 1...We started a book advent. Mom first saw the idea here and after looking for more Christmas crafts, I saw it here and here. I have a ton of Christmas books because I bought all of the books for my first grade library with my own money. I had to double up on a few days but that just makes things a little more exciting! I wrapped a big box to put the wrapped books in (I was really trying to get rid of this ugly wrapping paper! It must have been an after Christmas purchace.) and set it under the tree in the kids' room. Now, every night at bedtime J gets to open his books and countdown to Christmas!
Day 2...We wrote a letter to Santa today. I let J cut out pictures in toy catalogs to make a collage for Santa. He picked out a couple of things for K too! We will take it to Santa's mailbox at a local store. I'm hoping Santa will reply!
We also made Cheerio bird feeders today. I know it's not a Christmas craft but it is cold during the holiday season and I don't think the birds and squirrels will mind having lightly sweetened Multi-grain Cheerios for a snack. I found the idea here. It was super easy and J had fun making them!
Happy December!
Cranberry Holiday Simmer Pot
13 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment