We have had a stomach bug at our house so blogging has been put on hold for a few days. I think we may be past it...I hope! Both kids were sick and K is still not completely back to normal. We have managed to fit in a few Christmas projects and activities though. I hope that next week we can finish all of our crafts as we get ready for the weekend. We have several Christmas celebrations with family and, of course, Santa will be visiting our house Saturday night!
J got a letter from Santa Clause himself and he assures us that both kids are on the nice list. J is very excited about that and is looking forward to leaving Santa a treat and seeing what he leaves for us to find Christmas morning.
Wednesday, Blake and J did a couple of paper crafts. Santa and his elf were all cut out and ready to glue together. I printed both from dltk-holidays.com. You can also print them black and white if your children like to color...mine doesn't!
Thursday, everyone was feeling pretty good (we were in between sick patients!) so we made cinnamon applesauce ornaments. We used this recipe but there are several variations of it. J helped me mix everything together and roll out the dough. He picked out the cookie cutters and helped cut them out. His favorite part was using the straw to make the hole for the ribbon. They smelled wonderful while they were baking. We baked ours for about an hour and then let the finish drying over night. I can't wait to hang them on our tree!
We were supposed to go to Mimi and Poppy's for a Christmas party last night but because of our stomach bug we stayed home. We did get out of the house for a little bit last night and took the kids to see some Christmas lights. There are some houses that are pretty overwhelming! It was fun and I think we will go again one night before Christmas is over.
Cranberry Holiday Simmer Pot
12 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment