Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ear Confection

K's sleeping has been completely out of sorts for the last week or so.  I thought her teeth were bothering her and tried Tylenol and Orajel.  When that didn't work, I thought maybe she had some drainage with the weather change, so I tried Benedryl.  Nothing helped and hours of screaming and restless nights were taking over our lives.  Finally, Sunday night, I put pain drops in her ears.  Needless to say, she only woke up once to nurse and didn't scream at all!  With more pain drops Monday at naptime, she took a two hour nap in her bed for the first time in over a week.  You can't imagine how much J and I accomplished in those two hours! 
After a visit to the doctor today, K is on antibiotics for a double ear infection.  J calls it an ear confection.  I can't believe it took me so long to try the pain drops.  She never ran fever or showed any other symptoms.  Mamaw says she is one tough cookie! 
I hope she starts feeling better because this weekend is her first birthday!  We are having a big family party Saturday night and I want her to enjoy it.  I can't believe she is almost ONE!!!  My how time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment