Wednesday, February 8, 2012

More Valentine Crafts


Hands that touch the heart...My first graders made these every year and it was so neat to see all of their different little hands hanging on the wall.  I drew the heart and J cut it out.  You could also trace their hands and cut them out rather than painted handprints.



Tiny Love Bugs...This is from an old thematic unit book.  We made a ton of them when J was 2 and gave them out as his valentines.  Both kids colored one and I cut them out and put them together with some cute heart brads.  J used scented SweetHeart markers I found at Wal-Mart! 





Melted Crayon Hearts...I shaved a few red, pink, and purple crayons.  J sprinkled the shavings on wax paper.  I laid another piece of wax paper on top then ironed it to melt the crayons.  I cut out hearts and hung them up in our dining room window.  This is a fun craft but needs a lot of adult help.  J tried shaving the crayons but was unsuccessful.  I should have had that part done ahead of time. 



1 comment:

  1. Fun! I've seen the melted crayons before but not this one!

    ReplyDelete